The addictive sweet and salty taste melds even more if allowed to chill overnight. I like to store these raw bites in the freezer, where they do firm up quite a bit, almost like biting into cookie dough chocolate!
Serves: 16 cookies
- 4 Ounces (3/4 Cup) Raw Cashews
- ¼ Cup Coconut / Palm Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons + 2 Teaspoons Flaxseeds
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil, melted
- 2 Tablespoons Raw Honey (or agave nectar for vegan)
- ¼ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Cup Dark Chocolate Chunks or Chips
- Coarse Sea Salt for sprinkling, optional
- Place the cashews, palm/coconut sugar, flaxseeds, and salt in your spice grinder or food processor, and whiz into a powder.
- Dump the cashew mixture into a small to medium-sized bowl and drizzle in the coconut oil, honey or agave, and vanilla. Stir well to combine and incorporate everything as evenly as possible.
- Stir in the chocolate chunks or chips to evenly distribute.
- Shape the dough into sixteen (more or less) balls, and flatten them gently onto a sheet or pan lined with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Really, you can shape them however you like, I just like to make them cookie-shaped.
- If desired, sprinkle the tops with a pinch of sea salt.
- Chill the “cookies” for 15 minutes in the freezer.
- Store them in the refrigerator or freezer, depending on how firm and cool you like them!
This recipe is optionally Vegan, Vegetarian, Dairy free, Egg free, Gluten free, Peanut free, optionally Soy free, Wheat free, and Refined Sugar free