- ¾ cup coconut sugar (can sub white or brown sugar, but will be sweeter)
- ¼ cup unsweetened dairy-free milk beverage (of choice)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ⅓ cup creamy natural peanut butter, sunflower seed butter or almond butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt (optional if using salted nut butter, but we like the extra salt regardless)
- 1½ cups quick oats (gluten-free, if needed)
- 3 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons shelled hemp seed hearts
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Whisk together the sugar, milk beverage, and coconut oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil. Once rolling, cook and whisk as it bubbles for 1½ minutes.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the nut butter, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt (if using) until well combined. Add the oats and seeds and stir to thoroughly combine. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Scoop by the level tablespoon onto a plate or sheet lined with parchment or wax paper. You can leave them as mounds or flatten into cookie shapes.
- Place in the refrigerator to set up. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week, or the freezer for as long as they last! Eat chilled.