These fast cookies are kid-friendly, deliciously sweet, and take just minutes to make!
Author: Maria Gentry
Serves: about 3 dozen cookies
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 2 cups organic sugar (see Sugar Note below)
- ½ cup unsweetened dairy-free milk beverage
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter or sunflower seed butter (for peanut-free)
- 3½ cups quick-cooking oats (use certified gluten-free, if needed)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Put the sugar, coconut oil, milk beverage and cocoa powder in a 4-quart saucepan and whisk until no lumps remain.
- Place the pan over medium heat and bring to a rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the peanut or seed butter, oats, and vanilla until combined.
- Drop the dough by the tablespoonful onto wax paper.
- Let cool until set. Enjoy!
Sugar Note: This recipe is a riff on traditional chocolate no bake cookies, which are notoriously sweet! If you find the original too sweet, reduce the sugar by 25% (1½ cups) or even a little more (1¼ cups), if desired.